My Inner Garden

Saturday, August 11, 2007

An old woman

Went to pasar mini nearby my house to do some grocery shopping. In front of me was an old lady, aged around late 60s, together we were queuing at the cashier. After scanning all her items, she slowly took out her wallet. I noticed her hand was full of wrinkles and shaking. Slowly she took out RM50 and paid to the cashier. Then, she carried 2 big bags of grocery with her weakening hands.

I felt so heartbreaking seeing her. Where are her children? Who fetch her here and how come no one help her to carry things?

After i finished paying, I walked out and saw her walking slowly and looking at some of the breads located at the break stand outside the shop. DH and I then walked to the our car.

"Such a poor old lady..she looked so pityful. How come she is alone?" I said.

"Yeah..I was thinking should we ask where is she staying and we can give her a lift home."

"I was thinking the same too just now but do u think she'll take it? Shall I go down and ask her now?"

Looking at her, she slowly walked towards the 7-eleven next to the pasar mini. There was a kind boy helped her opened the door as her hands were full.

We did not go down because she seems waiting for someone. DH said she dressed quite well, she should be fine.

I really wonder who this old woman belongs to and how come her children leave her alone buying so much things and never accompany her... really make me feel sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home